15 Dec Christmas cookies
Hi, Spaneasiers! It’s Christmas and you are still in Madrid? Don’t worry! There are a lot of things you can do during these days. Today we show you how to make some delicious Christmas cookies, so when you take a break from your Spanish lessons you can practice and made this recipe. Let’s start!
Ingredients (about 20 cookies)
- 250 g of flour
- 125 g of butter at room temperature
- 125 g of sugar
- 1 egg
- Beat the butter with the sugar until you get a cream.
- Add the egg and mix. Add the flour, and knead until we have a smooth dough.
- Wrap it in transparent film and take it to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After that time, spread the dough between two sheets of baking paper, using the rolling pin. So that the cookies do not lose shape, take the dough extended to the freezer for 10 minutes, and then cut the cookies with the frozen mass.
- Bake at 180 ° C in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until the edges begin to brown.
- Once Christmas cookies have cooled, we can decorate them.
You can decorate them in a lot of ways! Santa Claus, Christmas tree, gifts, or even houses! Use your imagination and be free to create your own Christmas cookies. Here you have other recipes that you can make during these cold days while you don’t have to go to your Spanish course What to eat on cold days? Spanish traditional cooking and How to Make a Great Potato Omelet.